This type of wand is a great addition to weddings, birthdays, parades, and firework events on Canada Day and the 4th of July in the United States. It's super easy to make and will have you wand waving in no time.
Here's what you need:
- A selection of 4 ribbons. I prefer double sided satin and in my example I'm using ribbon that is slightly thicker than 1/4 inch. I'm using white, gray, garnet and teal.
- A big tack
- An eyelet screw (sometimes called a steel eye) usually found in the picture hanging section of your hardware store.
- Round nose pliers (or other long nosed pliers)
- A dowel cut to 12 inches in length. Mine was 1/2 inch dowel.
- A hammer ( only necessary if your thumb struggles with pushing the tack in)