Sunday, November 2, 2008

RIBBON christmas tree

Another scrap ribbon project! You will need:

-Patterned Ribbon Scraps - the amount really depends on the size of your ribbon, it could be as many as 300, 4 inch long pieces if you are using 1/4 inch width ribbon or much less, if using larger widths.
-Pins
-Styrofoam Cone
-Star ornament for the top

Start from the bottom by pinning ribbon pieces all around the base, allowing the ribbon to overhang slightly past the base. Then apply the next layer like you were shingling a house, in an offset pattern. Repeat process until you get to the top of the cone and finish with a festive star topper.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I may actually have to try this. I want to start making more than I buy for Christmas. Keep ths ideas coming. There are a few that I can't wait to try

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jess said...

super super cute!