Monday, January 14, 2008

Values: Customer Service

I've had many people say to me how lucky I am to work for myself. Only the thing is I really don't. I work for my customers, past present and future customers who are or have supported my product. Ribbon Wands makes the first impression all by itself, I'm usually nowhere around the area when they are discovering my product. I want them to know that a real, live, person is at the helm and is there to support, problem solve, and care for their individual needs as my customer. We all hope for smooth sailing and 98% of the time it is, but on those rare occassions when the process needs help, I'm committed to positive and effective resolutions.

~ Nikki Workman
Owner and Wand Maker @ Ribbon Wands

1 comment:

LoveMeKnot Creations said...

Your wands are super cute!!!